Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger thread 2 (first post has collected info, please READ!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't do sense
First SENTAI female Red.

And first good guy female Red.

Second overall though.
Of course Sentai, it's Sentai anniversary, why would you need to bring this up again?

SLICE
Because Power Rangers did it first. And I will never let Sentai live that down.

The Emperor of the Last Empire
Well, since Kaoru is just an eleventh-hour ranger, they ight wat to give her more screen time...

I don't do sense
Because Power Rangers did it first. And I will never let Sentai live that down.
Too bad A-Squad were villians eh.
I see your evil rangers and raise you an all-female Kunoichi squad from Kakuranger.

Would like to change his avatar
And the reason why they brought him back was because that he's the captain of all the red sentai senshi's, as that was a much bigger role to fill. :p

Aka Red was just kind of like a booby-prize. It was like Toei couldn't decide on (or wasn't able to get back) a former Red actor for 2006's Sentai Dream Team, so their (cost-saving) answer was to just use a suit that could "become," supposedly, "any" Red. (I remember Japanese fans were expecting Noboru Kaneko to reprise his role as Shishi/Gao Red in Boukenger VS Super Sentai. Why else is Tsuetsue in the movie? I have to wonder if that was the plan, and it fell through.)

Am I the only one who thinks he's a rather insignificant character? I just find it surprising that he's been given a big part of Gokaiger. (So much so that Toru Furuya's been added to the main cast on Toei's site.) I feel like cases could be made for other extra heroes who have been lost in the shuffle, why they're important -- X1 Mask was shocking, the female Juuma Hunter was a GoGoFive regular fulfilling their dream of being a hero, Bright served as a view of what Tetsu would be like if not for befriending the Dekaranger, etc. Aka Red's gimmick, the one thing that set him apart, doesn't matter at all in Gokaiger, when the five of them are able to become every and any Sentai hero.

A character that's a manifestation of Super Sentai Spirit is a kinda neat idea, but I just think Aka Red wasn't the right execution.

Twitter - @MisturYellow
Shougo, you need to make a list of all the Sentai allies and give your reasons why they should be/shouldn't be keys. :)

Shougo, you need to make a list of all the Sentai allies and give your reasons why they should be/shouldn't be keys. :)

Really, it's only Rio, Mele and Zuban who I don't think should be Hero Keys. Cripes, I think a case could even be made for why Deka Gold is more worthy (she was supposed to be Ban's girlfriend, who he was still with by Magi VS Deka).

Rio and Mele are just an addition to the long line of villains who defect or turn good and help out the heroes. Jan only jokingly referred to them as Geki Black and Geki Green -- that joke in Gekiranger was to point out that they were unique and going against what was expected. You could argue that counting them as additional heroes and treating them like they WERE a part of the team takes away that uniqueness, but someone who cares for them more would have to make that argument. :p

Like I said, Zuban's really -- he shouldn't count. He's closer to a robot assistant, a comedic sidekick. Make a Key out of him, might as well make a Key for Smoky or Datass. Why does Zuban count, but not Ninjaman? It's a mess. :laugh:

Like one person said, it's like one dude went into their warehouse and randomly picked whatever costume's there.

Yeah, I do think a lot of it comes down to what suits are available/have survived, or what would be easier to replicate, but...I just don't think they should randomly throw in people because that suit's still sitting around.

Status
Not open for further replies.