A good episode. Not blow you away good but solid. I will say the stand-out characters for me were Strax and Vastra. Strax was just fun. Very funny.

I found Vastra to be extremely likable. She came across as very decent, amusing, possessed. This nice Victorian charm about her. I loved how it was implied she's known the Doctor for a long time and been through a few scraps with him. Very glad she survived. I hope we see her again, either how they met, or her turning up in some new adventures. Her relationship with Smith was very enjoyable to me. She came across as someone who was more on his level, in terms of her chastising him and giving advice.

so if it was river why would she be so surprised that the doctor got shot shouldn't she remember it since its already a part of her past

so if it was river why would she be so surprised that the doctor got shot shouldn't she remember it since its already a part of her past

Who said it had? We've no idea which point in time River was at there. Hell, she said for her, each meeting the Doctor knows her less and less, suggesting she was relatively close to her death.

Ao no Exorcist
Hey until the season finale explains everything let's just classify it as wibbely wobbley timey wimey.

Chief HJU News Editor
I feel somewhat cheated that River is their daughter, everyone did kinda guess that's who she actually was. Still, the episode was good.

Actually I was thinking she was the Eyepatch lady, only many many years down the road.

Or, for a split second there, the Doctors mother.