Would like to change his avatar
Oh so now opinions are sacred again? You didn't seem to think so when you snidely told Shougo that he was a snob.

laurelhardynod.gif

Banned

Typical. I stand by my assessment of you. There are others that make clear their love of older shows. Iga, lynxara, and more. Yet they don't resort to talking down to people for liking the newer shows.

Lurker
When I finished Shinkengers, I was excited to continue on to the next Sentai series that just starterd... But, I couldn't even get pass the opening...

I started watching Kamen Rider instead, so no regrets there.

Nice post!!
Goseiger does start out pretty bad. :laugh:

You've got to bear in mind how Sentai is made now, with the two rotating creative teams. Goseiger was conceived basically by Go-onger's head producer. It's somewhat logical as a follow-up to Go-onger. The logical follow-up to Shinkenger that everyone actually wanted last year is what we're getting this year with Gokaiger.

Goseiger middle's actually the part I think is the worst, these days. Everything about the show that's at all interesting is rear-loaded and mostly has to do with the villain. I think you need to be a really huge fan of everything that Sentai is-- warts and all-- to get to that point in the show. I could, but I don't fault people who can't.

Since tokusatsu fandom skews young and most fans have seen around five shows, then yeah, I think Goseiger's badness ends up very exaggerated. It's bottom-tier Sentai, yeah, but Sentai's bottom tier is still pretty enjoyable when compared to shows like Voicelugger and Godman.

Lurker
Goseiger does start out pretty bad. :laugh:

You've got to bear in mind how Sentai is made now, with the two rotating creative teams. Goseiger was conceived basically by Go-onger's head producer. It's somewhat logical as a follow-up to Go-onger. The logical follow-up to Shinkenger that everyone actually wanted last year is what we're getting this year with Gokaiger.

Well, that explains why I can only seem to watch every other Sentai series...

The new breed.
Goseiger middle's actually the part I think is the worst, these days. Everything about the show that's at all interesting is rear-loaded and mostly has to do with the villain. I think you need to be a really huge fan of everything that Sentai is-- warts and all-- to get to that point in the show. I could, but I don't fault people who can't.

Since tokusatsu fandom skews young and most fans have seen around five shows, then yeah, I think Goseiger's badness ends up very exaggerated. It's bottom-tier Sentai, yeah, but Sentai's bottom tier is still pretty enjoyable when compared to shows like Voicelugger and Godman.
This is the truth.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Well, that explains why I can only seem to watch every other Sentai series...

I don't buy all this "Sentai is only good every other year." Going by the popular perception on here that the "good" Sentai are (working backwards) Gokaiger, Shinkenger, Gekiranger and Magiranger, that would mean Dekaranger was also "bad" - and yet most people like it

The new breed.
I don't buy all this "Sentai is only good every other year." Going by the popular perception on here that the "good" Sentai are (working backwards) Gokaiger, Shinkenger, Gekiranger and Magiranger, that would mean Dekaranger was also "bad" - and yet most people like it
Yeah i agree, I mean come on Timeranger? Bad? Hell no :laugh:

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Yeah i agree, I mean come on Timeranger? Bad? Hell no :laugh:

I don't think Sentai had two creative teams when Timeranger was airing? But the "Sentai is only good every other year" idea still sucks. It means that people will automatically write off shows in advance, and takes a very narrow-minded view. Goseiger did fairly well in Japan and Gekiranger was the worst-performing Sentai of the decade - so the idea that "this team produces good Sentai and the other one doesn't" does not hold water with the target audience

Banned
I think it's just one team seems to churns out Sentai's that are more platable to Western fan's and the other make ones that do the same to the Target market.

Like Lazy said, Gekiranger was the massive fail of 00's Sentai in japan yet western fans hold it in very high regard.