Why do people need a month to celebrate what they are? Just seems more of an attention ploy than anything.

Because they think that having a month dedicated to them is so remarkable. If I suggested a White /European Americans month, they'd go crazy and call me racist ,though I find that I feel left out with the others. I just think it's so they can have the public schools teach children on this stuff as if they are too dumb to learn it themselves or their parents can't . I also think it's trivializing minorities and not solving any problems concerning discrimination thereof and a huge waste of time .

Simply said , I think they need to replace these months with a single "have pride in yourself or shut up " month because obviously they have so little pride in suggesting/supporting these ludicrous things. It's just Obama trying to make himself look less like a bigot even though his indecisiveness towards that and hatred towards Asian Americans show otherwise. I'm of no party as both don't give a rat's ass about the people who got them there.

Yeah, I totally agree with KingRanger.

We should totally get rid of Black Pride month and Latino Pride month while we're add it.

And at the same time, lets get rid of Christmas, and Quanza, and Hannukah, and all the other holidays, because they're obviously just a ploy to get more attention, right?

This is a month where people won't be afraid to come out of the closet. It might give them more courage to know that there are enough people in America to warrant our own pride month.

I personally love it.

10056673.gif

Because they think that having a month dedicated to them is so remarkable. If I suggested a White /European Americans month, they'd go crazy and call me racist ,though I find that I feel left out with the others. I just think it's so they can have the public schools teach children on this stuff as if they are too dumb to learn it themselves or their parents can't . I also think it's trivializing minorities and not solving any problems concerning discrimination thereof and a huge waste of time .

Simply said , I think they need to replace these months with a single "have pride in yourself or shut up " month because obviously they have so little pride in suggesting/supporting these ludicrous things. It's just Obama trying to make himself look less like a bigot even though his indecisiveness towards that and hatred towards Asian Americans show otherwise. I'm of no party as both don't give a rat's ass about the people who got them there.

Wow....thats just...wow....

We should totally get rid of Black Pride month and Latino Pride month while we're add it.

And at the same time, lets get rid of Christmas, and Quanza, and Hannukah, and all the other holidays, because they're obviously just a ploy to get more attention, right?

This is a month where people won't be afraid to come out of the closet. It might give them more courage to know that there are enough people in America to warrant our own pride month.

I personally love it.

10056673.gif

They should have a pride month for everybody , White people included.

Native Americans can have November, Latino's August, American Pride Month : July , September: Pet/Freedoms Month , October: Pet/White People Month, ,and December : Diverse Religions Month. I just think pets deserve a month because I love my cat and yes it looks like I equated Whites with pets. But that just for comedic purposes .
There's a Latino Pride month? ****. I never learned that in school . :shakefist

I just find that these months don't change much and do little when direct help against injustices does more . I'm more of a direct helper than an indirect if I get the chance or opportunity. Though ,seeing as I think/believe I'm bisexual, this will be interesting.

I understand what Kingranger says ,probably meaning to help people out and such than have pride months which do little .

Banned

I personally love it.

10056673.gif

Why do you need a month to have pride in yourself? Don't you feel pride every day? Maybe this is just something I will never get. If people are afraid to come out of the closet, do you really think even this would help?

Its not for me.

Its for the people who think they have no support and are all alone in the world with something they have no control over.

Something like this will give them more comfort and, yes pride, to be able to keep living the way they were born to live.

And yes, yes I think it will help quite a lot.

Lurker
Why do you need a month to have pride in yourself? Don't you feel pride every day? Maybe this is just something I will never get. If people are afraid to come out of the closet, do you really think even this would help?

Not all people are strong inside. I mean yeah it seems rather ridiculous to people like us who are proud and strong about who we are but not everyone is built like that.

I mean who gives a **** about what other people think of you, at the end of the day its your life. I mean, I dont like the idea of creating a month to celebrate a certain ethnicity or ideology or whatever, to me its just another implementation that further separates us as human-beings.

It could be seen to help if it promotes a such , but in reality , the months haven't changed a thing in a good or bad way. Most people nowadays only care about the day off they get and not the reason and the same goes for these months . There's a few that do , but that's only a few. Heck ,they even have a Confederate History Month in the South during April which omits slavery like it never existed. The only reason why I like it is that it brings newer ideas and literature and even perspectives to the forefront and makes them more known . But overall it's like you said , it's just a political ploy for reelection even though he's against LGBT marriage and rights like the other 5 presidents of recent times. These months of pride are good in their intention and if they help people feel stronger and better about themselves , that's great, but they need to discover themselves and get connected with those like them and be assured they are not alone .

I feel pride in myself so I don't see any reason why others would need a month dedicated to their pride in their genetic/national/religious variance when reasonable pride in one's self matters the most. If you don't have that , than why live at all? Why even get out of bed if you don't love yourself ? Not everything can be spoon-fed to you , it has to be discovered and or fought for. It's also why I don't post 500 umpteenth photos of myself on Facebook because I don't give a **** about what others think about what I do or like . If they don't want to be around me , their loss .

Harumph.
Its not for me.

Its for the people who think they have no support and are all alone in the world with something they have no control over.

Something like this will give them more comfort and, yes pride, to be able to keep living the way they were born to live.

And yes, yes I think it will help quite a lot.

Y'know what would help more? Centers and/or people for them to be able to turn to whenever they are physically or mentally abused for being LGBT.

I don't see anything wrong or harmful with dedicating a month to them, but it's certainly not helping either.

Y'know what would help more? Centers and/or people for them to be able to turn to whenever they are physically or mentally abused for being LGBT.

I don't see anything wrong or harmful with dedicating a month to them, but it's certainly not helping either.

Just like the Boys and Girls Club or the Suicide Hotline. I like that as it helps and positively contributes in ways a month can't.

Lurker
I dont associate myself with a political party. And i referenced to fox because they're always bitching about stupid ****.

I never said anything about any political party...I talked about a political point of view...and because you're Fox obsessed, 99% chance you're at least somewhat of a liberal.