Banned
ABC has announced that two long-running soap operas set outside Philadelphia have been canceled.

"All My Children" and "One Live To Live" were created by legendary writer Agnes Nixon and set in the fictional towns of Pine Valley and Llanview.

But now the shows - which have run on ABC for decades - are no more.

ABC said "All My Children" will be going off the air in September and "One Life to Live" going off the air in January.

In their place will be a Mario Batali-hosted food show and a health/lifestyle transformation show.

Soap legend Susan Lucci stars on "All My Children." Its alumni list includes Kelly Ripa, Josh Duhamel, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Amanda Seyfried.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/entertainment/abc-cancels-top-two-soap-operas-041311

That's just great! Now I have to share this sad news with my family about this....:redface2:

Just what the hell is Disney's doing?! Can you honestly answer this?!

We Are VR
i'm Fucking pissed right now my favorite soap One Life To Live will be gone, well their's always Youtube

ABC's Brian Frons sucks

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
I've never seen a soap opera. Unless you count flipping past them when I was home sick from school, back in the day.

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
Old people and housewives throughout the country will be devastated.

#MissionMiami
Wow. Disney is full retarded. My mom and aunt won't be happy about this.

S

scikaiju

My Grandmother used to love All My Children and One Life To Live when she was alive. I could only imagine the rant I would have heard once she heard about this.

I am the law
I feel a disturbance in the force. It's like millions of housewives screamed in pain and were suddenly silenced.

Lurker
Oh man I hope they don't cancel General Hospital my mom would have a fit if that were to happen.