Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome
Hey look!American Hidari Shotaro.
6qz2j6.png

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Watanabe Jun was Hibiki.

Why did Takaiwa return to Sentai for Magiranger though?

Aronbafon
二番目の翻訳者
Watanabe Jun was Hibiki.

Why did Takaiwa return to Sentai for Magiranger though?

Pretty sure it was Makoto Ito. Takatera used him again for Daimajin Kanon.

I'm not sure why they put Seiji in Magiranger instead of Hibiki. My theories are that either 1.) Takatera just didn't want to play things the standard way and/or preferred Ito in the part, or 2.) they needed someone shorter than Fukuzawa Hirofumi to be MagiRed, and Seiji was the best candidate for the job.

Or some combination of the two.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
I've heard something about the production staff of Hibiki was entirely different or what? That's why Takaiwa wasn't Hibiki? I mean the only times he wasn't the main Rider was Kuuga and Hibiki, both series had a different style than the others.

Aronbafon
I don't think the Kuuga part is of importance, since it was just a pilot series, and he had been doing Sentai for 5+ years.

Perhaps he's been a fan of Kamen Rider and finally had a chance to join with Agito and knowing what Hibiki was about made him not want to do it...

Or...

I was digging around on his Japanese Wiki page and it mentions something about Atsushi and Magiranger, but Google Chrome's translate to English made a... Well pretty hard to understand.

However he's apperently shown up at a kindergarten in the Momotaros costume :laugh:

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Kuuga was a pilot series, and I think Takaiwa was still contractually obligated to Sentai, considering he had been doing Sentai since Zyuranger I believe, and with random breaks in between. Or maybe they believed that Takaiwa was unsuitable for Kuuga? And they had the less stylish but more gritty Tominaga handle it?

Status
Not open for further replies.