Power Rangers Samurai - Episode 6/8 'There Go the Brides'

Toku Webcomic Artist
Saw it today. I am surprised that they used Yellow as another decoy bride. I remember in the original Shinkenger episode, blue was in disguise as one of the brides. but in this version, they didn't want to touch the whole male rangers cross-dressing issue. What can I say, it's a kids' show.

Anyway, nice episode though. Needed more work on the rangers' roll call.

I don't think it was an issue with cross-dressing, as that's popped up in kids shows before, usually for humorous setups. Remember that the reason that Ryunosuke was chosen to take the place of one of the brides was because of his experience with kabuki theatre, even though he says that his experience with onnagata wasn't as good as he wanted it to be. Also, the Japanese wedding dress hides the face a bit better than the American wedding veil, and Ryunosuke can pass as a woman much better than Kevin could. I think it was ok to switch it. Plus, we got to get a bit more hinting of romance between Mike and Emily! :laugh:

I thought that the only problems with this episode were Fong's acting and Medina's voice acting for Decker. Other than that, it was the best episode so far. My long review is here if you would like to check it out: http://www.takacomics.com/2011/03/pr-samurai-episode-6-review/

Banned
We can send scripts to Saban Brands? :eyebrow: Isn't that why they have writers? I really do hope Goseiger is original, I hated it with a passion, which is why i never got past episode 10 i think, same, also didn't like OOO.

Yes. I talked with them a few weeks ago. They told me that I can send scripts to them. They're really looking forward to my scripts. I went like..YES! In other words, they're spreading the words to anyone else who have the original idea for Goseiger Adaptation, sends them to Saban Brands.

And tell me why you hated Goseiger with a passion? Can you please tell me why? Maybe it's you, not me. I loved it every minutes while watching Goseiger last year. To be honest with you, I'm big fan of it.

I mean..look at Master Head! it's way too damn easy.

And, again, I'm going to ask, why you don't like OOO, eh? :hmm:

Toku Webcomic Artist
Yes. I talked with them a few weeks ago. They told me that I can send scripts to them. They're really looking forward to my scripts. I went like..YES! In other words, they're spreading the words to anyone else who have the original idea for Goseiger Adaptation, sends them to Saban Brands.

And tell me why you hated Goseiger with a passion? Can you please tell me why? Maybe it's you, not me. I loved it every minutes while watching Goseiger last year. To be honest with you, I'm big fan of it.

I mean..look at Master Head! it's way too damn easy.

And, again, I'm going to ask, why you don't like OOO, eh? :hmm:

I also disliked Goseiger, but I can tell you exactly why. It felt like they were pushing merch more than trying to tell a good story. I know that it's what Toei does, but while the Headders were cool at first (separate ones for each tribe), after all the additions, plus the 6th ranger being a Headder AND a transformer, plus the super mode Goseigers that looked absolutely ridiculous, plus the annoying as hell Datas which was just a Dice-O machine as a robot...

Ugh, I just got fed up with it by Episode 26. If you liked it, great, but it just wasn't a series for me.

Banned
I also disliked Goseiger, but I can tell you exactly why. It felt like they were pushing merch more than trying to tell a good story. I know that it's what Toei does, but while the Headders were cool at first (separate ones for each tribe), after all the additions, plus the 6th ranger being a Headder AND a transformer, plus the super mode Goseigers that looked absolutely ridiculous, plus the annoying as hell Datas which was just a Dice-O machine as a robot...

Ugh, I just got fed up with it by Episode 26. If you liked it, great, but it just wasn't a series for me.

Then, I really hope that you will like Goseiger adaptation in the future! Now, I understand why everybody couldn't get into Goseiger last year. Well, I don't blame them for not liking this series alone.

Sixth ranger being a headder and a transformer...to be honest with you, I was hoping for more formal goseiger ranger like..gold or silver. thus, I was very disappointed.

Perhaps I can pitch a idea for that. Toei needs to pull their shits together to brainstorming on to telling a very good story. You feeling me, bro?

Then, I really hope that you will like Goseiger adaptation in the future! Now, I understand why everybody couldn't get into Goseiger last year. Well, I don't blame them for not liking this series alone.

Sixth ranger being a headder and a transformer...to be honest with you, I was hoping for more formal goseiger ranger like..gold or silver. thus, I was very disappointed.

Perhaps I can pitch a idea for that. Toei needs to pull their shits together to brainstorming on to telling a very good story. You feeling me, bro?

Taka and I basically have the same reasoning. But I did hate the fact that GoseiKnight wasn't a real ranger, that pissed me off when i found that out. Not sure why i dont like OOO though, during last fall, i stoppped watching Sentai and KR because I had too much school work to do, and I guess I just fell back and didn't see the point in catching up and stuff, but I can happily say that I'm avidly watching Gokaiger.
Do we have a Gokai episode this week?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evKNe-jcBiE"]YouTube - Power Rangers Samurai Ep6 Scene KA-BOOM![/ame]