8.9 Earthquake hits Japan, creates massive tsunami

Lurker
This is extremely terrible. I hope everyone is alright, and can keep their heads up after this. They are not alone in this unfortunately.

I know. I haven't heard much bigger tragedies like this since the incident in 9/11/01 with the World Trade Center in NYC.

Super Moderator
I found out about it very early this morning but have been stuck at work most of the day. Just got in around 30 minutes ago.

I can't help but associate Japan with my favorite toku heroes as well as my own fond memories of when Lynxara and I got the opportunity to visit Tokyo when KouAidou was studying over there. The people were awesome and I'll never forget the kindness of Watanabe-san, the landlord of the apartment building where Kou was staying.

Needless to say, my heart sincerely does out to the country and all effected by this anywhere. But while I am very saddened and concerned I also have no doubt that there will plenty of real life heroes who rise to meet this challenge doing everything in their own power to save lives whether they be rescue workers or just people helping each other. To them I say from the heart "ganbatte!" :thumbs:

When I heard about the quake, I was worried about my cousin who's now living in Japan. Turns out that she's ok, via Facebook.

Sometimes things get complicated.
I was up til 8 in the morning texting my friend Minami in Tokyo. Everything's fine in most places, give or take a couple places that crumbled from the earthquake. But as the earthquake goes, they were very prepared! So were the buildings. It's great to hear.

But as for the flood, keep praying for Northeast Japan. She had family and friends near Sendai, so she's very scared for them. The devestation was very bad.

Some kind of Beast mode
Kivat...your signature will not come true now, I'm afraid.

Oh it still can my man. Gokai is postponed, or on temporary hiatus. But it's not over. Right?

I know. I haven't heard much bigger tragedies like this since the incident in 9/11/01 with the World Trade Center in NYC.

Yea, same. I think it was like this for all of us. This isn't right, my mind is just blown right now.

Banned
Is i bad that i've seen tweets saying they hope that "More of those damn nips die". Or along the lines of how the rest of the country should get nuked and "finishing the fish eaters off once and for all #AB4Ever".

Some people just love to take disasters like this and say who they wished they where worse..........

It's over 8,000!
I see the American Red Cross has now listed a Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami selection on their donation page. Please consider giving if you haven't done so already.

American Red Cross Donation Page

Also according to a Red Cross tweet, you can text REDCROSS to 90999 for an automatic donation of $10 to the Red Cross. It'd be added to your phone bill, of course.

Excellent. Rider Faiz or Yellow, please tag this onto the first post. :)