二番目の翻訳者
If they were going to do a romance plot in Pretty Cure I would prefer it if they skipped the Love Triangle BS and just had it be about how one of the benefits of friendship is that your friends can help you through your insecurities about the other sex.

As for this episode I am a little worried after Kanade got flustered when she interviewed the blonde male idol boy. My worry comes from I was hoping that friendship would play a big role in the series, I would hate for that to be sidelined by a focus on romance. Now I am not saying that romance shouldn't be touched upon, I just don't want it to steal attention away from friendship. Honestly though I get the feeling a love triangle is brewing with Kanade liking the boy but the boy liking Hibiki who honestly doesn't care for him that way. My hope is that if they do introduce this love triangle it is dealt with by the end of the first arc, right before the new Precures are introduced.

If they were going to do a romance plot in Pretty Cure I would prefer it if they skipped the Love Triangle BS and just had it be about how one of the benefits of friendship is that your friends can help you through your insecurities about the other sex.

I agree with you both, love triangles are too common of a theme to be used in romance related shows, or just any shows. The only time when it works is in the Macross series, where the series won't be complete without a love triangle, since that's what Macross has been known for. Aside from the slight hint of yurism that all the past Precure series might hint out, its still mainly focused on friendship, whether it'd be forming a bond, maintaing a bond, accepting someone despite their pasts, or friends helping you change to become a better person, etc, have all of reoccuring themes one way or another for he past 8 years of Precure.

They've kept a steady pace of maintaining this balance so far (at least from the ones that I"ve seen), and the only real time we saw anyone kiss was Nozomi and Coco in the 5 GoGo movie....... and even that was kinda...... forced...... but I haven't seen the subs yet so I"ll wait for that to make any further statements.

But ya did no one notice that the villians only "jumped" back up to their headquaters which was right above the battle scene ? Instead of vanishing into thin air like ususal ? :laugh: And what do they people of this town / world think of Precures ? are they celebs / neighborhood friendly heroines ? Or just random misc. low profile individuals ?

Nice post!!
The only time when it works is in the Macross series, where the series won't be complete without a love triangle, since that's what Macross has been known for.

Macross does some other things that make its love triangles work, I think.

- Macross is always an ensemble cast series, so all members of the love triangle tend to be of equal importance-- and the story will have things happening in it besides the love triangle.
- Macross characters tend to be less idealized than typical mecha show characters, so a love triangle involving them can have more genuine tension. Characters can make mistakes without being bad people.
- While there's usually a romance going on as part of a Macross plot, it usually is only part of a much larger plot involving much broader themes and conflicts that serve to complicate the triangle.

These are all storytelling elements that would be fairly out-of-place in a shoujo story for little girls like Pretty Cure. Even Sailor Moon's attempts at love triangles were often very lopsided, with one "point" of the triangle always clearly being wrong, or a bad person, or much less important than the other characters.

Yeah I'll be the first to admit I am working off second hand knowledge with redard to a lot of the older material. Though for my money I always got the impression that Cutie Honey was Go Nagai's brilliant idea of combining an Ishinomori style android hero (well gynoid heroine) with magical girl elements. Anyway I would love to see either version.

I think my worry about a possible love triangle is the blonde boy just seems so bland and generic, and for Kanade to go after a boy despite having nothing in common would be (to me anyway) a disservice to her character. Now if they actually addressed this and had her realize the superficial nature of the infatuation, I would be really impressed. But again I am not sure how self aware this show is going to be. As it stands right now I am impressed that they are still focusing on the effort it takes to repair a wounded friendship, in a lesser series they would be fine after episode 2.

you'll thank me later :buttrock:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1puzryokEs"]YouTube - ラ♪ラ♪ラ♪スイートプリキュア♪ffll[/ame]

Thank you very much! The music is pretty good and very catchy.

Kudou Mayu did a great job on this one. I wonder why Toei didn't put her in Super Sentai yet XD

EDIT: by the way, the uploader's youtube channel has also the ED uploaded:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0RPnuTzniI"]YouTube - ??????????? ??????!!fll[/ame]

Nice post!!
Though for my money I always got the impression that Cutie Honey was Go Nagai's brilliant idea of combining an Ishinomori style android hero (well gynoid heroine) with magical girl elements.

Cutey Honey's history is kind of complicated. She's one of Nagai's creations that was basically commissioned, in this case by Toei so they could develop the concept for animation. So there's Go Nagai's Cutey Honey and then there's Toei's and they aren't exactly the same character. Nagai didn't make a lot of Cutey Honey comics but his version of the character was marketed as science fiction and not particularly targeted at little girls in any way.

Toei's Cutey Honey is not very faithful to Nagai's original work. It retooled the character heavily so she'd appeal more to girls, while still basically functioning as a superhero, and drew inspiration from already-popular shoujo magical girls of the period like Himitsu no Akko-chan. What Toei's Cutey Honey added to the magical girl genre was the transformation sequence and idea of a magical girl who could physically confront bad guys.

What's funny is that the fighting element may have been added to the show at the last minute, when Toei lost the show's planned timeslot. Cutey Honey ended up airing in a timeslot where Devilman had previously aired, so Toei threw in the action at the last minute so the show might appeal a bit more to boys. Toei's original plans for Cutey Honey apparently would've treated the property as more of a shoujo romance show that blended in superhero elements, a concept the studio eventually revisited with Sailor Moon.

Last edited:
GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵
I didn't make this but:
[hide]
roflbotcmrq.jpg
[/hide]

speaking of which

tumblr_lhn4hrBmgx1qg7h6bo1_400.gif