The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-Ray)

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
SK, not everybody can afford BD players and movies. It's more of a personal choice. I'm one of those.

DVDs work for me.. Heck, I don't really use the DVD player anymore as most of my stuff is in digital format.

Banned
King, don't use poor as an excuse. You're acting like BD is very expensive to buy now. Don't make me laugh! The way I see it, it's now very affordable to buy BD now. My BD player is very thinner and it plays very smoothly.

Seriously, don't use poor as an lazy excuse. Face it, bro. In 5 to 10 years' time, DVD will be gone. You better face the reality. HD-DVD is good as dead now. BD is the face of the future!

First off I am not your "bro", so don't call me that.

HD-DVD has been dead for a long time. Why did you even bring that up? No one even brought up HD-DVD.

You can go to used games stores and pawn shops and get DVDs for 2-6 bucks. DVD's for new releases are between 15 and 25 bucks. New BD releases are between 20 and 30 bucks. I mean even you, SK, can do the math in this situation. "In 5-10 years DVD will be gone"? I got news for you bucko, so might BD. Companies are already working on formats to beat BD.

$143... :laugh: I'd be able to get a whole year of Netflix paid off for that... and some leftover for snacks...

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
I know I wouldn't have a Blu-ray player if it wasn't for my PS3. <_<

Eventually I would like a Blu-ray player other than the PS3 so I'm not wearing it out watching movies instead of gaming.

I know I wouldn't have a Blu-ray player if it wasn't for my PS3. <_<

Eventually I would like a Blu-ray player other than the PS3 so I'm not wearing it out watching movies instead of gaming.

Well, the other way to not wear your console's drive is to convert the movie and then stream it over to your PS3.

Banned
$143... :laugh: I'd be able to get a whole year of Netflix paid off for that... and some leftover for snacks...

Yeah. I could get netflix for a year, and buy a used 360 game or two, AND STILL have money left over.

Banned
First off I am not your "bro", so don't call me that.

HD-DVD has been dead for a long time. Why did you even bring that up? No one even brought up HD-DVD.

You can go to used games stores and pawn shops and get DVDs for 2-6 bucks. DVD's for new releases are between 15 and 25 bucks. New BD releases are between 20 and 30 bucks. I mean even you, SK, can do the math in this situation. "In 5-10 years DVD will be gone"? I got news for you bucko, so might BD. Companies are already working on formats to beat BD.

Yes, I'm very sad that HD-DVD has been dead before Blu-Ray claimed a victory, though Blu-ray has won HD format war, I'm still pissed about it! I got Fast and Furious as my first HD-DVD movie! :mad:

Come on..two to six bucks? You're way too cheap, King. Too cheap. And don't you think I know about the price? I've seen lots of used dvds are up for sale for only five bucks. I can't understand why you're using poor as an excuse. I understand that we're still in shitty economy as of before, but we're getting there.

Um, King, don't be my math teacher, thank you very much, indeed. I've already saw the highest price for BD's new movie releases. And why are you so dead on that BD will be gone? Can you please tell me the names of Companies who are already working on to creating new formats to beat BD?

Can you? I doubt that you can. As of right now, I'm getting tired and sick of hearing about format war.

Last edited:
Fighting evil makes me thirsty
Well, the other way to not wear your console's drive is to convert the movie and then stream it over to your PS3.
Never thought about doing that. :thumbs:

It's a good idea, but I'm technologically impaired. :disappoin

Yes, I'm very sad that HD-DVD has been dead, though Blu-ray has won HD format war, I'm still pissed about it! I got Fast and Furious as my first HD-DVD movie! :mad:

Come on..two to six bucks? You're way too cheap, King. Too cheap. And don't you think I know about the price? I've seen lots of used dvds are up for sale for only five bucks. I can't understand why you're using poor as an excuse. I understand that we're still in shitty economy as of before, but we're getting there.

Um, King, don't be my math teacher, thank you very much, indeed. I've already saw the highest price for BD's new movie releases. And why are you so dead on that BD will be gone? Can you please tell me the names of Companies who are already working on to creating new formats to beat BD?

Can you? I doubt that you can. As of right now, I'm getting tired and sick of hearing about format war.

1. That's why someone like me, don't just jump the bandwagon. Because a better format will eventually come out. But all of them will have a digital equivalent.

2. It's not being cheap, it's actually being smart. Why would I pay for a $30 movie, when that is also available for much less via Netflix type of service. I only buy if I want to collect. Which I'm not doing anymore. It's just taking space in the house and too much effort in trying to take care of them.

3. Technology is always evolving, so BD will eventually be replaced. See point 1.

4. I don't think he's trying to make anything about format wars. You were the one who brought up HD-DVD. His post initially was just stating the fact that there's really nothing new added to the movie, aside from it being in BD format. Which is also available via digital services.

:thumbs:

@Mr G: There are DVD rippers, so there are BD rippers as well. Mind you, please be responsible and only rip those that you own, and only use those. :thumbs: