Kamen Rider Double Forever - Gaia Memory of Fate - Discussion thread

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Yeah as FK said, the W cameo in All Riders was basically the first New Rider cameo in a summer movie..........so it was basically an experiment by Toei to see how it would go.

Amongst the flaws, Toei didn't give a damn about the "narrative nature" of the cameo but more of the, as Lynxara calls it, "fanboy reaction" when it came to the first "New Rider cameo" that W debuted in All Riders.

The reaction to W's cameo appearance was pretty receptive when it was first released, so despite it is flaws........it did lead the way to these other cameo appearances for the "New Sentai Teams" in the VS movies and "New Riders" in the summer Rider movies.

OOOs cameo seemed to be the sum of fixing the flaws from the W cameo in the previous summer Rider movie AND keeping it "fanboy epic."

Goseiger's cameo in the Go-Onger/Shinkenger movie still sucked to me, and OOOs' cameo in W Forever just made me look down upon Goseiger's cameo even more b/c OOOs' debut was just as good as well WITHOUT killing W's spotlight.

Nice post!!
Keeping the cameos full of fanboy-suitable hype while making them not ruin the movies is always going to be a tricky thing for Toei. Most plots will just make more sense if you cut cameos out completely. Both the Double cameo in All Riders and the OOO cameo in A to Z could be totally removed and the plot would be basically the same.

What's interesting about the Goseiger cameo is that it's actually load-bearing. You can't cut it because it's the only explanation in the movie for why Akumaro isn't doing anything in the film's climax. I feel like I should like that more than I actually do. Maybe the Goseiger characters just aren't all that impressive in cameo form.

Eye See You
I think Maria Cranberry has what it takes to make me a man.

I'm very surprised about the wire-fu, I HATE that **** with a passion but this movie did it with finesse.

Excellent.

'Kay, it changed!
Hehe. I just realized, but its funny now that I think about it.

The Soul Memory Dopants are composed of two women and one flaming homosexual man, while the Body Memory dopants are two manly men, a stoic badass and a meatheaded bodybuilder. Really, it sorta funny cause of how nearly effeminate Phillip is, and how badly Shotaro wants to be hardboiled man. Just an after thought for the movie hehe :D

Last edited:
Is that like being retarded?
Wadda coinkidink, I just saw this today. This is my first run through the series so I watched it after 44 like a friend told me, and i was kind of amazed at how well it fit and organically felt part of the series, not just a side story or something I could just watch after the show was over.

Also of course CycloneJoker Gold Xtreme

Budou though
now that the director's cut has been out for awhile. does anyone know what the extra 20 minutes added? the only thing i think i saw added was the jinno and makura part...unless that was in the normal version and the ending?

also, upon looking at eiji's henshin, all 3 medals were in their slots before he even slotted them in. lol

Last edited: