Power Rangers Samurai - Episode 1 'The Team Unites' (Check first post for download)

Super Kamen Sentai Rider
I know you can download it on the first page, but is Saban going to put the first episode on their website to stream it or are they going to be bitches like Cartoon Network and say fu to those who do not have cable?

I have a feeling they are gonna put it on the Nick site for a few reasons.

1. Pretty much EVERY show on Nick is on their site, available for streaming.

2. They want to promote this show as much as they can, sure they have it airing a lot on Nick, but Nick is STILL cable. So getting people to watch it online and go through the ads would probably be good money for both Nick and Saban.

Just saw the episode and so far an ok episode, which is nearly 80% similar to the Shinkenger original except of the more cheery 'we can do it if we work together' and the similar 'uplifting' interpersonal dynamics within the team.

Just some quirks: Bulk and Spike's scene is kind of random; the lack of connection to the main cast makes it feels as if it was shove into the show at the last minute. Anyone knows if Bulk and Spike filmed separately and did not travel to New Zealand with the main cast thus explaining the above 'disconnect'?

On voice-acting, with the exeption of Dayuu, the rest were ok. Dayuu seems to sound... I do not know how to put it, but just kind of off.

lol at the part when the monster and the moogers attack the group of Caucasians to 'hug', only to become Japanese when the 4 Samurai Rangers arrive.

Banned
lol at the part when the monster and the moogers attack the group of Caucasians to 'hug', only to become Japanese when the 4 Samurai Rangers arrive.

Obviously one of the monster powers is to change a persons Heritage.

On voice-acting, with the exeption of Dayuu, the rest were ok. Dayuu seems to sound... I do not know how to put it, but just kind of off.

Vengeance. Hateful. Nonchalance. Finally found the words. :sweat: Dayuu sounds plain here and do not express the above expressions well enough in my opinion.

Executive officer of Heroes Academy
am i the onlyone who gets an Astronema vibe from Dayu's voice actress... her costume doesn't help

Minato Ascending
Finally saw it, and i hate to be one of "Those Guys", but this left a Bad Taste in my mouth.

I know, this being PR in all, that we shouldn't expect Shakespearian quality acting, but i expected at least iCarly level acting, and PRS failed to deliver. Everyone felt static and wooden, but this may vanish as the series goes on.

The Voice's where mixed. The Main three villian's where decent, Taiyuu (OMG, they kept a name from Sentai :O_O:) sounded good, Whatever they Named Shitari sounded pretty much what i thougth he would sound like, Xandtred sounds like a stock PR Villian.

The Henshin Morphing scene was meh, and i hate those under masks with a passion. :mad:

It's too early for me to say about the whole "Mega Ranger" things, first impression's are i'm gonna hate it.

Music wise it was, again, meh. I don't really like the remix of the MMPR theme and the incidental music was ok at best.

Now i was pretty underwhelmed, but i'm not gonna go on tangents about how they "Should have just dubbed Shinkenger" or how "It was better off Cancelled" because i do seen things that could be great about PRS, they are just not here out of the Starting Gate (Plus elements that may need growing time with me)

My 10 word review: Doesn't live up to the Hype, But may prove great.

I rate the episode as "Fair", but I agree with all your points. I still hate those ninja/ski masks underneath their Samurai masks, and the whole Mega suit morphing sequence doesn't really gel with me at all. I also think the cockpit scene is a bit overblown and looked as if Saban wanted to show all the shiny new armors, swords, and redesigned cockpit. I hope it will be simmered down in the future eps.

We Are VR
love the fans outcry that it was not the episode where they get their powers, fans need to be patient, the episode where they get their powers will come soon.

love the fans outcry that it was not the episode where they get their powers, fans need to be patient, the episode where they get their powers will come soon.
Well no one really cares if this episode showed it or not it's just that it felt out of place as a primer episode. I'm just curious at what they're planning so we'll find out soon enough.

We Are VR
Well no one really cares if this episode showed it or not it's just that it felt out of place as a primer episode. I'm just curious at what they're planning so we'll find out soon enough.

I agree i do wish it was shown first but i'm not going to complain because it was not shown first & we saw the trailer when they get their arrows so it will come soon.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Vengeance. Hateful. Nonchalance. Finally found the words. :sweat: Dayuu sounds plain here and do not express the above expressions well enough in my opinion.

She sounds ... I hate to say it, but too girly? She sounds like a teenage girl mildly annoyed by something. I hope they're not going to recreate the Yumebakura episodes exactly (though they probably will, since they're apparently sticking to the "Pink wants to be a housewife" line) because from first impressions it does not seem like this Dayuu can make us believe she committed a dramatic crime of passion.

All in all I liked PR Samurai. The lack of introduction was confusing, and the Bulk scene came completely out of context. Otherwise, it was a decent first episode