Nintendo Knows that the lack of software is a problem for Wii U

I have am someone who has grown up playing Nintendo game since my childhood. But the current flux they are in, it doesn't seems like that they are going to last long. The have clearly stated it the,selves as well. Nintendo president Iwata has clearly stated that the the lack of software is the problem for Wii U and he knows it. What do you think?

They're actually addressing the problem quite well. If you watch the Nintendo Directs you can see so many first party exclusives in development, such as a Yoshi game by the Kirby: Epic Yarn team and the standard Smash Bros and Mario Kart. I've spoken to some Indie devs as well who really like the eShop platform because it allows self publishing, doesn't force exclusivity and every WiiU eShop license gives out a free copy of Unity Pro. That is so deliciously enticing for small studios.

Give it another 6-12 months and we'll see how they stand.

They're actually addressing the problem quite well. If you watch the Nintendo Directs you can see so many first party exclusives in development, such as a Yoshi game by the Kirby: Epic Yarn team and the standard Smash Bros and Mario Kart. I've spoken to some Indie devs as well who really like the eShop platform because it allows self publishing, doesn't force exclusivity and every WiiU eShop license gives out a free copy of Unity Pro. That is so deliciously enticing for small studios.

Give it another 6-12 months and we'll see how they stand.

Yep, I hope that they can turn the tides within 6-12 months and get more third party support than what they have right now. They need it. I hope that companies like Ubisoft and EA start seeing potential in Wii U again :)