Free League has completed their newest creation! Forbidden Lands is the latest tabletop RPG from the studio behind Mutant: Year Zero, and it’s quite an adventure.
Forbidden Lands is a sandbox survival game where you and your friends roam a ruined world, hunting and plundering to survive. Your actions have permanent consequences, with your bigger decisions altering the actual game map. “Discover lost tombs, fight horrifying monsters, wander the wilderness and build your own stronghold to defend,” says the official description.
Within the box, you’ll find:
- PLAYER’S MANUAL – Hardcover Player’s Manual with faux leather covers, including rules for fast character generation, visceral combat, lethal magic, dangerous journeys and for building your own stronghold – easily be ported to other game worlds.
- GAMEMASTER’S GUIDE – Hardcover Gamemaster’s Guide with faux leather covers, including a rich and detailed description of the Forbidden Lands setting, a large illustrated Bestiary, extensive random encounters, and three complete adventure sites.
- LEGENDS & ADVENTURERS BOOKLET – The Legends & Adventurers booklet, that lets you flesh out your characters and give them unique backgrounds.
- MAP – A large full-color map, that gives you the freedom to explore the Forbidden Lands any way you want, hex by hex.
- STICKERS – A sheet with stickers for adventure sites and gravestones, transforming the game map to a living, permanent record of your adventures.
Forbidden Lands was crowdfunded in 2017 with the third-biggest RPG Kickstarter campaign in the world that year. It contains art by Simon Stålenhag and Nils Gulliksson, lore by fantasy author Erik Granström, and scenarios by game writers Patrick Stuart, Ben Milton and Chris McDowall.
Forbidden Lands is available now at hobby stores everywhere and on the Free League website.