Ahead of the launch of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Square Enix has revealed details of the Collector’s Edition, Limited Edition and Digital Editions, available on July 11 for the PlayStation 4. The Collector’s Edition, which is now available to pre-order exclusively from the Square Enix Online Store in limited quantities, will include a copy of the game as well as;
- “Judge Magisters” Mini Bust Set: Featuring busts of Judges Bergan, Drace, Gabranth, Ghis, and Zargabaath available exclusively to the Collector’s Edition and not sold separately
- Selection of soundtrack music from famed composer Hitoshi Sakimoto
- Steelbook featuring exclusive art to the Collector’s Edition
- Set of Six Art Cards: Featuring Vaan, Ashe, Basch, Fran & Balthier, Penelo and World of Ivalice
- Background Music DLC: allowing fans to listen to the high-quality Final Fantasy XII original soundtrack in-game
According to Square Enix, the Limited Edition of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will include an exclusive steelbook featuring artwork by renowned illustrator Akihiko Yoshida (best known for Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy XIV, and NieR: Automata), as well as Background Music DLC. The announcement comes not long after the surprise announcement for The Zodiac Age, which is coming over a decade after the original was released. You can check out the trailer for the upcoming RPG below.
Originally launched in 2006 for the PlayStation 2 and known for introducing many landmark features to the Final Fantasy series, Final Fantasy XII takes place in the grand world of Ivalice, where the small kingdom of Dalmasca is caught between warring empires Archadia and Rozarria. The lone heir to the Dalmascan throne, Princess Ashe, has devoted herself to forming a resistance to liberate her homeland while Vaan, a young thief, dreams of flying free in the skies. The story begins when these two fated individuals meet, changing the destiny of the world’s greatest nations.