A few months back, Square Enix revealed they were working on a remaster of the 2002 Gamecube game Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. At the time, the multiplayer action-RPG marked Square’s return to a Nintendo machine after their infamous mid-90s breakup. Also, some people were bitter that this wasn’t a Final Fantasy X port, but the game has come to be appreciated over time.
Now you’ll be able to join your friends (the game has a solo mode too) and fight the miasma all over again on Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered is coming this January to your favorite modern console (assuming it doesn’t start with X). There will also be a mobile version for iOS and Android.
- Updated Visuals and Audio – Experience the world of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES in stunning new ways, with upgraded graphics and audio updates enhancing the magical adventure like never before.
- New Character Voiceovers – Playable heroes come to life with brand-new voiceovers as they cast spells and battle ferocious monsters.
- New Online Multiplayer – Play online with up to three friends to overcome the dangerous monsters and dungeons that fill the world*. No players are left behind, as the game supports cross-play functionality.
- New Dungeons and Bosses – Challenging new dungeons and bosses have been added to the game, allowing for even more fun and exciting gameplay opportunities.
- New Character Appearances and Items – Stand out with brand-new looks and artifacts to equip and use throughout your magical journey.
Mark your calendars for January 23, 2020 — that’s when Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered becomes available. Have a trailer…