42 Bits Entertainment, a game development studio from Germany, is hard at work on the god game Fata Deum. They’re pleased to announce the crowdfunding campaign was a success, with nearly $47,000 raised — kicking them over their goal with twelve days to go.
What makes Fata Deum different from god games of the past? The fact that you don’t have a monopoly on this god business. You’re competing against three other AI gods for the affection and worship of mortals, and they’ll dump you for some other deity if they’re not 100% pleased. While this might sound disappointing to those who play these games to wreak sadistic havoc on their creation, it will be a refreshing change of pace for others.
This mechanic would be interesting with a multiplayer mode, but Fata Deum is strictly a one-player experience.
- Singleplayer god game with four unique and totally different AI god opponents.
- Day and night represent different gameplay phases: influence the dreams of the mortals during the night and support or sabotage their actions with powerful wonders during the day!
- Your power, your choice: Create your own way to win the game!
- Dynamically changing environment, mortal’s behavior and building’s appearance based on ruling god’s behavior!
- Autonomous acting mortals drive you crazy, if you let them!
- Build the largest monument ever seen in any kind of game!
- Get involved in the ongoing development: back our Kickstarter campaign!
You can guarantee a copy of Fata Deum when it comes out through a $33 pledge. That’s a discount over the planned Steam price, plus they’ll give it to you two days before consumer release. Higher tiers grant you the soundtrack, a digital artbook and more.
The Fata Deum Kickstarter will remain open until May 3. The game itself is estimated to be completed in the spring of 2021.