Epic Tavern, a game that combines classic RPG elements with a unique combination of roster management and social simulation gameplay has launched its Kickstarter campaign, as well as its Steam Greenlight campaign. According to the developers, Hyperkinetic Studios, the game is set to have a number of features, including:
- Player Choice: In Epic Tavern, every quest choice made and every adventurer befriended could unlock new quests, new alliances, access to characters, items, and tavern building opportunities. The experience grows as you play – your choices will directly steer the fate of your intrepid adventurers!
- The Tavernmaster: You and your tavern are at the center of this experience. Your choices determine the mood and atmosphere of your establishment, bringing heroes and stories together in a social simulation of relationship building. This is where friendships and rivalries are made, and great adventures are started. In Epic Tavern, you build the destiny of your world, one drink at a time.
- The Adventurers: A multitude of characters drawn from many classes and walks of life will visit your tavern. Mages, warriors, assassins, and more will be at your disposal! Befriend them over drinks and learn their secrets. Between quests, take their experience, level them up, and choose the direction in which they grow.
- The World: You will send your new friends on quests to explore the land of Beor. These quests unfold into a storyline unique to your playthrough. Epic Tavern pushes the limits of a player-centric narrative and creates a brand new model of the classic choose-your-own-path experience. The impact of your choices will inexorably change your adventurers and the World itself!
- Replayability: In-game achievements confer bonuses and allow you to delve further into the mysteries of the world of Epic Tavern on each successive playthrough, creating a startlingly replayable experience that will never be the same twice.