Election Strategy Game Megalo Polis Announced
Have you ever thought to yourself, politics are so simple and the electoral process is perfect? Of course you haven’t. Megalo Polis gives you a taste of the insanity by throwing you onto the political trail, rubbing elbows, overselling scant promises, and engineering scandals to become the next President of the United States of America.
There’s no rest on the campaign trail in this quick-witted RTS. You’ll need to think fast to recognize and seize opportunities to spread your influence… with maybe just a touch of manipulation. Any great (white) house sits atop a solid foundation. Build your campaign from the ground up as you identify key states, political allies and amass a loyal group of supporters to spread your word and do your bidding. But that’s only leg one of this political race. To truly achieve greatness, you’ll need to outsmart and outmaneuver your equally hungry rivals. Describing Megalo Polis, developer Black Sheep Studio have said:
“Budget your time and your wallet as you persuade voters to vote in your favor, by any means necessary. Whether you’re making it rain on impressionable students or spreading seedy gossip, you’ll want to make it clear you deserve to be top dog. Who said political campaigns were clean business?”
Megalo Polis is set to have a number of features, including:
- Play as caricatures of real politicians such as Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, and Ted Cruz.
- Race your opponents and garner supporters by any means necessary.
- Use 20+ special abilities to outsmart and outmaneuver the competition.
- Influence voters in each class to control districts and disrupt the other candidates.
- Complete challenges to gain votes in more than 40 states.
- Break all the rules: You can even play as Obama and run for a third term.
The strategy game will be available on Steam from November 1st.