In 2008 Square Enix originally published their sleeper hit The Last Remnant….and ten years later, they beefed it up with a fully re-rendered Remastered edition. It premiered on Playstation 4, and now it’s come to Switch. Its announcement during yesterday’s Nintendo Direct was immediately followed by its eShop release.
Originally released in 2008, THE LAST REMNANT captured the hearts and minds of gamers with its enthralling story, countless characters and intricate battle system. In a world filled with “Remnants” – ancient artifacts that grant mysterious abilities to their wielders – players can now uncover the mysteries of Rush Sykes, at home or on-the-go.
- Beautifully enhanced graphics enabled by Unreal®Engine 4, allowing for a more immersive and captivating adventure
- UI (user interface) updates to make it look and feel better than ever before
- Over 100 hours of gameplay
- A unique morale system that changes the outcome of battle
- An intricate battle system where commands change depending on the status of allies and enemies
There’s more than just one trailer this time: you can also watch the Last Remnant Remastered Developer Featurette, which takes an in-depth look at how the original game was rebuilt and features interviews with the dev team.
The Last Remnant Remastered is now available on Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch.