We’ve got a solid release date for the Doctor’s VR adventure. Originally dated for release last September, Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will now launch November 12.
You are the Doctor, armed with a sonic screwdriver, and you’ll encounter Whovian monsters both classic and brand-new, including Daleks and Weeping Angels (good thing VR headsets can’t detect when you blink yet). At one point you will even get to climb inside a Dalek shell and utilize its deadly weaponry…..see how THEY like it.
Who will you be playing as? Obviously you’re intended to be the Fourteenth Doctor, and Jodie Whittaker regenerated into you, right? That’s not quite it. The Doctor they’re using for this game is the current Doctor, which means you’ll have to be a woman, even if you aren’t. Whittaker stars in the game, with her own voice reacting to the events around you.
- Become part of Doctor Who – a thrilling single-player adventure developed by Sony London alumni (VR Worlds, The London Heist, Blood and Truth), Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will immerse players in Doctor Who like never before as they travel across space and time to save reality.
- Wield the Sonic Screwdriver – with exhilarating moment-to-moment gameplay, wield the Sonic Screwdriver to solve fiendish puzzles and traverse a dangerous universe full of challenges, enemies and wonder.
- Stunning cinematic visuals – from the Dalekanium of a Dalek’s shell, to the stone-cold terror of a Weeping Angel, experience stunning visuals that bring the show to life!
- Doctor Who talent – featuring Jodie Whittaker as the voice of the Doctor and Nicholas Briggs as the voice of the Daleks, in a story written by Gavin Collinson, Digital Producer for Doctor Who and author
- Oculus Quest support – experience the next level of immersion with Oculus Quest, as you explore the Doctor Who universe without boundaries in untethered virtual reality
Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time comes to our time and space November 12, for PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, HTC Vive and HTC Vive Cosmos.