The PC variant of yesterday’s Borderlands 2 patch, issued alongside the (early) release of downloadable character class The Mechromancer, is said to contain files that reveal a wealth of information about to the first standalone mission pack for Gearbox Software’s RPG-esque shooter.
Here’s what we know (which we should point out hasn’t yet been confirmed, and is potentially subject to change):
- The DLC is titled ‘Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty’
- Like past Borderlands expansions, new Trophies will be available to earn. These are:
Gadabout: Discover all named locations in Oasis and the surrounding Pirate’s booty areas (Bronze)
Completionist: Complete all Pirate’s booty side missions (Silver)
Treasure Hunter: Complete the mission “X Marks the spot” (Gold)
- A ‘Seraph Crystal Vendor’ will be introduced, who sells high-quality gear in exchange for Seraph Crystals that can be obtained by slaying Seraph Guardians
- New raid bosses will be added, namely Hyperius and Master Gee the Invincible
- Players will be unable to farm certain bosses for rare loot more than once every 24 hours
- Pirate-themed heads can be earned during playthroughs (pictured below), and can be equipped at Pandora’s Quick Change stations
Other additions include:
- A Seraph loot rarity grade (Seraph weapons, shields and other items will have light pink classification text)
- A new vehicle, only known as ‘Hovercraft’ at present
- A new area called Oasis
Credit goes to Just Push Start for bringing this to our attention. We shall endeavour to keep you updated as and when we receive further intel.
UPDATE (October 10th, 2012): we’ve just tripped over this thread on the Gearbox Software forums, which might be Just Push Start’s original source. It turns out one ‘XanderChoas’ “poked around in some files on Steam” to uncover all of the above. Take a look, as he mentions a few things we haven’t covered!