Some new details on Dead Space 3 has been revealed from the next Gameinformer issue.
Here are just a few things that are covered in the issue.
- Co-op confirmed
- No competitive multiplayer in DS3
- Now has universal ammo pickups
- Cover system added
- Co-op will have different cut-scenes and interactions between Isaac and Carver.
- Zero space gravity section and dark corridors will be present as they were in previous Dead Space titles.
- Fodders & Feeders are a new type of necromorphs.
- Visceral games calls these new necromorphs “The snow beast”.
- Nexus Feeders is a 30 story tall centipede necromorph. This is “what happens when a human isn’t actually infected by a Swarm or by a Divider heads”
- Icy Planet is called Tau Volantis,
- Fodder transform into two different necromorphs depending on how you kill them
- Ammo drops are more plentiful
- They want DS3 to be less linear than 2&1;be able to explore large environments and find “unique beta missions” that aren’t required to complete the main game
- You can slap different guns together like a Plasma cutter/Ripper combo,Visceral didn’t say “how exactly these weapon mods work” but GI noticed enemies drop Scrap metal and ‘tungsten’ now.