In last year’s Darksiders III players got to take control of Fury, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. This year in Darksiders Genesis, fans will be taking control of two other horsemen, War and Strife — Strife for the first time. Team up with a friend in two-player co-op mode and play as both at once. The game is a prequel that takes place before any other in the Darksiders series.
War, the Rider of the Red Horse, is both honorable and savage. The youngest of the Four Horseman, but his age is no indication of his experience on the battleground. He has battled countless enemies with his furious weapon Chaoseater and the protection of his impervious armor. Always by his side is Ruin, War’s phantom steed. Ruin is both mighty and graceful with its blackened coat and fiery hooves and mane. War was wrongly framed by Abaddon for starting the Apocalypse too soon and was imprisoned for over one hundred years by The Charred Council. Well, at least he has beautiful long and white hair. Without split ends.
- Blast angels and demons as the gunslinging Horseman Strife, playable for the first time
- Swap between the powerful swordsman War and Strife instantly in frenetic, single-player gameplay
- Explore the epic world of Darksiders and wreak havoc with a friend in two-player cooperative mode
- Experience a brand new story campaign that takes place before the original Darksiders, exploring the origin of the Seven Seals
- Grow in strength and power as you collect items, abilities, weapon enhancements, creature cores and more
Darksiders Genesis will release on pretty much everything later this year: Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, XBox One, PC and Google Stadia.