Today Swedish developer Eat Create Sleep released the new Inheritors Update for their indirect god sim Crest. The update is free for all players on all platforms and contains three major features despite many other smaller improvements:
- Baby Animals – Do we need to say more?
- Custom Games – You can now customize your games with increased or decreased amounts of resources, animals, islands and overall island quality.
- Twitch Integration – Built in twitch support now allows streamers to engage their viewers in the actual game! Join cities and vote on commandments to help or disrupt the streamer’s plans.
In Crest, you become a god and try to control your followers using commandments, however free will leaves these open to interpretation. Will you create a flourishing civilization or lead them into cannibalism?
The world of Crest sees players managing a variety of natural and manmade elements, including:
- Islands – Your followers are always looking for new adventures. Will they conquer new lands, or simply go fishing and return home?
- Ecology – How will the weather affect the development of your society? Be careful–any imbalances could have drastic consequences.
- Animals – Humans aren’t the only residents of your world. Crest is populated with a wide variety of animal species, including everything from hyenas to hippos.
- Terraforming – Literally shape civilization by commanding followers to change their surroundings-but how will your commandments change them?