A French indie developer called Lightbulb Crew has unveiled their upcoming horror-themed tactical turn-based title, Othercide.
You are collectively a group of highly skilled warriors known as the Daughters. As the last stand between your world and a deadly dimension full of bloodthirsty monsters, you must enter the Othercide (if that is truly what it’s called) and take them all out before they invade.
– Experience dynamic turn-based combat and a new way to anticipate enemy movements to perform a flawless tactical plan. Using the Initiative Sequence System and unique set of skills, you will be able to:
- Interrupt an enemy attack
- Plan a delayed action that will be triggered later on in the timeline
- Use reaction skill to respond to any threat
– Prepare to suffer and face close calls in our terrifying and ruthless universe. With roguelite features, deadly missions, limited resources and permanent death, there is no room for errors.
You will have the ability to learn new skills by extracting them from the minds of slain monsters, but you’ll only have a limited number of slots to retain abilities, and they cannot be erased unless you sacrifice your character (if you do, the other Daughters will notice this and react). There are other tough choices you’ll have to make throughout the game; various events will either make the Daughters stronger, or weaker. It depends on how you play!
Othercide doesn’t have a solid release date yet — its Steam page lists its due date as “Q2/Q3 2019” which could mean anything from next month to next September. But you can expect it on Steam Early Access sometime within 2019.