The CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling video game is entering its final week to get the game made. The game is currently in its final days for a crowdfunding campaign at Indiegogo.com. The game is being designed as a tribute to the 16-bit era of games, which was the golden age of video game wrestling.
The vision for the potential wrestling video game is that it would take some parts of arcade games such as Wrestlefest and Saturday Night Slam Masters, but with CHIKARA stars and matches. The game would be built using the Unreal Engine 4. Here’s a breakdown of features for the possible game:
- Stars of CHIKARA – A roster of all the top stars, complete with their over-the-top lucha libre antics to faithfully represent the CHIKARA including Princess KimberLee, Hallowicked, Dasher Hatfield, Ophidian, and many more!
- Great Game Modes – 10 initial playable game modes are planned including One vs. One, Tag Team, Three-way match, Four-way match, Four-way elimination, 6-man tag team, 6-man elimination, Cage Match, Infinite Gauntlet and Battle Royal.
- Slick and Stylish Visuals – 3D cell-shaded, high-quality visuals capturing the sensational CHIKARA-style.
- Animated Action – Hundreds of hand-crafted animations to perfectly capture the movement and antics that make CHIKARA unique to the wrestling world.
- Engaging Gameplay – Intuitive controls allowing players of all ages and skill levels to get into the CHIKARA action while emulating the simple gameplay style of classic arcade wrestling games.
- Customization Options – Wrestle Factory Creation Suite puts the creative power in the hands of players with an advanced create-an-arena and create-a-wrestler programs that include body morphing, move set assignments, tons of 3D accessories and more.
CHIKARA brings a great show on a regular basis, so it will be interesting to see if this game will happen. You can check out a sample gameplay trailer for the project below.