Indie studio Niebla Games will introduce the full version of their strategy card game Causa: Voices Of Dusk on Steam next week.
True to the genre, gameplay in Causa involves battling in duels with virtual cards. Each player has a four-card hand that replenishes itself each turn, and up to two cards are allowed to be placed on the board per turn. What makes Causa different is the ability to sacrifice cards to build up resources — and then “resurrect” them later on to hit your opponents with surprise moves.
The game is currently in Early Access. The full version will contain a battle pass system, power card packs, six additional faction leaders and fifty new cards (for a total of 350 on launch). More content can be added with DLC and in-app purchases (there will be a 20% discount on these things during launch week).
Unique tactical gameplay with complex strategic options
- Sacrifice cards from your hand or your board to build up your resources.
- Play up to two cards per turn.
- Bring sacrificed cards back to the game for the most unexpected critical plays.
- Full replenishment of your 4-card hand at the beginning of your turn.
- Take advantage of special effects that allow you to draw, sacrifice, play and bring additional cards back to the game.
- Leader’s Decisions: use each Leader’s unique set of powerful skills to change the course of the game.
– Choose between multiple powers, factions and Leaders
– Prove your abilities in extremely challenging single-player draft campaigns.
– Original and exotic fantasy world with rich narrative experience
– Battle Pass system
– Cross-platform play (PC, Consoles, and Mobile)
Check out Causa: Voices of Dusk when it appears on Steam May 26.