28th July, 2011 – Call of Duty®: Black Ops detonates its latest downloadable content pack on PlayStation®3 and Windows PC gamers with the release of Annihilation, the third DLC pack for the critically acclaimed and best-selling title.
Fans have logged billions of hours in Call of Duty: Black Ops since its record-setting debut in 2010. Annihilation packs four of the most varied and intense Black Ops maps to date, along with a new Zombies experience filled with countless hours of new gameplay.
The Annihilation content pack includes:
- · “Hangar 18,” buried deep within the military black site Area 51, where gamers will battle through experimental weapons labs, the SR-71 test hangar and a mysterious autopsy room.
· “Drive-In,” where players engage in close-quarters combat through a 1960s drive-in theater, complete with snack shack and a classic arcade.
· “Silo,” a massive multilevel battleground tucked within a super-secret Soviet era nuclear missile site.
· “Hazard,” perched on the verdant Cuban cliffside, where gamers traverse a coastal golf course fit for a dictator. This is the only set of links where the hazards shoot back.
· “Shangri-La,” the all-new Zombies experience, which transports players to a mythical paradise overrun with the undead. Face off against new species of zombies and navigate a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns, all set within a lost jungle shrine.
“Annihilation delivers four of the best Black Ops multiplayer maps, and a mind blowing new Zombies experience with Shangri La,” said Treyarch Studio Head, Mark Lamia. “With Annihilation, fans are really going to have a lot of fun continuing to play Black Ops online for a long time to come.”
Developed by Treyarch and published by Activision Publishing, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI ), Call of Duty: Black Ops is rated 18 by PEGI.
For additional Call of Duty updates and information, visit us on the web at www.callofduty.com/blackops, www.facebook.com/codblackops, and also via Twitter @Treyarch.
In celebration of this launch, Treyarch will host Double XP across all platforms, including Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Nintendo Wii™ and Windows PC, starting Friday, 29th July through Sunday, 31st July.