Sony has announced that acclaimed console FPS Borderlands 2 will make its handheld debut on the PS Vita along with many of the biggest upcoming indie titles.
During its Press Conference at Gamescom, Sony announced that Borderlands 2 will appear on Vita sometime in 2014. And that is about all they revealed, no firm release window or any information about the port or any of the games DLC were mentioned. However we do know that Iron Galaxy Studios are handling the port with assistance from Gearbox and Sony.
Along with Borderlands 2 a number of indie games will also be appearing on Vita over the coming months. Some of the more notable titles include, Hotline Miami 2, Velocity 2X, Volume and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. The full list of indie games coming to the Vita can be seen below, and boy is it impressive, featuring many well-known and talented developers such as Vlambeer and Hello Games.
One also assumes that the once announced PS3 version of The Binding of Isaac (remember that!?) is no more as The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is heading to Vita and PS4.
PS4 and Vita:
- Assault Android Cactus (Witch Beam)
- FEZ (Polytron Corporation)
- Final Horizon (Eiconic Games)
- Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (Dennaton Games and Devolver Digital)
- Rogue Legacy (Cellar Door Games)
- Samurai Gunn (Teknopants)
- Switch Galaxy Ultra (Atomicom)
- The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Nicalis)
- Velocity 2X (FuturLab)
- Volume (Mike Bithell)
- Wasteland Kings (Vlambeer)
- Age of Zombies (BlitWorks/Halfbrick)
- A-Men 2 (Bloober Team)
- Avoid Droid (Infinite State Games)
- Broken Sword: the Serpent’s Curse (Revolution Software)
- Eufloria HD (Omni Systems)
- Flame Over (Laughing Jackal)
- Gravity Crash Ultra (Just Add Water)
- Gunslugs (Abstraction Games)
- Joe Danger 1 (Hello Games)
- Joe Danger 2 (Hello Games)
- Kick & Fennick (Green Hill Studios)
- Muramasa Rebirth (Aksys Games)
- Supermagical (Tama Games)
- Table Top Racing (Ripstone)