BSK Games officially announced today that the upcoming 2D underwater, story-driven exploration game Anoxemia will launch next week. The game is set for a digital release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox On on Tuesday, March 28. You can also check out the latest trailer for the game that was released today in the player below.
Anoxemia is set in a world that’s recovering from a devastating war in the distant past. Players take the role of a scientist trying to collect samples from a hazardous underwater region that’s covered in acid. Things soon take a turn for the worst after the submarine for Dr. Bailey crashes to the ocean floor, and all contact with the surface is lost.
Players now have to search the ocean floor to discover and extract samples from the caves. The caves are filled with poison drifts, powerful ocean currents, mines and malfunctioning machines. Players have use their operation drones and move fast or they will run out of oxygen. Here are some of the game’s other key features (courtesy of BSK Games):
- Experience a unique sci-fi horror story that unfolds at a deliberate pace while you play.
- Explore 38 levels of unique underwater terrain.
- Find and equip several different items and upgrades.
- Solve puzzles that require quick reflexes and clever thinking.
- Enter the mind of your character through an insightful voiced narrative.
Anoxemia hits Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on Tuesday. The game will be priced at only $7.99.