Fair Weather Studios has announced an expansion to their sci-fi turn-based tactical RPG Ancient Frontier. Subtitled Steel Shadows, it’ll be out and ready for purchase next month.
Like in the original game, you play as a space pirate plundering the galaxy and expanding your fleet. In this new storyline you play as Rogan Harker, a man who just got out of prison but will very probably run right back into trouble. You’ll use a turn-based combat system and customizable “Tech Tree” to best your enemies, take their stuff, and become the most feared scalawag of the stars.
- A full campaign with over 20 story missions
- Over 50 procedurally generated side missions
- Dynamic initiative-based turn-based combat
- Purchase, outfit, and control the unique pirate faction ships
- Hire and assign crew members that gain experience and power along with your ships
- Hire unique mercenaries and ships to add to your fleet
- Experience over 50 random events
- Customize your play style by unlocking technologies in an extensive Tech Tree
- Large, detailed maps to fight across space
- Three different strategic resources to manage
- Dozens of different weapon systems and abilities to control
- Includes both free DLCs; Ancient Frontier – The Crew and Ancient Frontier – Quests and Events
Though Steel Shadows ties into the original Ancient Frontier, it’s fully playable by itself. Bought on its lonesome, it includes the “Random Event” and “Crew Free” DLCs from the first game. Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows sails up on Steam December 11.