Up to now, Daedalic Entertainment has just served as a publisher of video games — not a producer of them. That will change with their first in-house commercial product, A Year Of Rain. Announced today, the game is a real-time multiplayer strategy with co-op, online and offline modes.
A Year of Rain is being designed as mainly a two-player experience — a 2v2 mode is the main attraction. An AI buddy will stand in if no one’s playing with you. One of the most interesting modes in the game is “Against All Odds,” which pits just two players against two entire armies.
“A Year Of Rain is set to be one of the largest games we have developed to date and marks our first steps into the esports arena. We are aware of the various complex challenges this genre entails. I am proud to be able to support our dev team with their dream project,” says Carsten Fichtelmann, CEO and founder of Daedalic Entertainment.
- Complex real-time strategy game.
- Extensive co-op and PvP modes.
- Unique heroes with individual abilities and skills.
- Three factions: House Rupah, Wild Outcasts and Restless Undead.
- Esports-ready at launch, featuring a league system, competitive seasons, leaderboards, observer mode, replays, and more.
- Soundtrack by award-winning composer Neal Acree (StarCraft II, World of Warcraft).
There is no specific release date for A Year Of Rain as of yet, but Daedalic expects to deliver it sometime within 2019.