It charmed audiences on Steam….now a robot named Fight, starring in A Robot Named Fight! has come to the Nintendo Switch. As the titular robot, you will search a scorched Earth for weapons while on a mission to defeat the fleshy monster of a thousand mouths known as the Megabeast.
A Robot Named Fight was created solely by one man (named Matt Bitner), which makes it all the more impressive. “Bringing A Robot Named Fight! to the Nintendo Switch feels like a homecoming in a way,” says Matt. “Deep down, I always knew it would end up on a Nintendo platform. The game is a labor of love above all else – a living, breathing homage to the great Metroidvanias of the ‘80s and ‘90s.”
This Switch version contains content built-in on launch that the Steam version didn’t have. The new additions include seeded runs, more interesting ways to combine weapons and power-ups, and a new secret ending. Try to find it!
- Explore a procedurally-generated labyrinth with more than 4 billion unique runs.
- Prove your worth or suffer permadeath.
- Take on over 70 menacing enemies solo or with a friend via local co-op.
- Adapt to a different item set in every run with more than 100 items.
- Complete achievements to unlock new content.
- Use multiple save slots to avoid overwriting previous saves.
- Replay your favorite runs using seeds.
- Enjoy an unreasonable amount of meat!
A Robot Named Fight! costs $12.99, and its soundtrack is available separately for $13.99.